We had such a wonderful LONG fourth of July weekend! Brad was off both Monday and Tuesday, and it was really nice. On Saturday Brad went golfing, and Brae and I went with my parents to visit my grandmother at the Remington. It was nice to see my Uncle Al and Tracy there as well. My granny doesn't remember us, but she was VERY happy to get to see the baby. Our good friends Jesse and Katie came down to visit Jesse's parents, and we went to dinner with all of them at Alicia's on Saturday evening. Dinner time is always iffy with Braelyn because she usually goes to bed between 7 and 8. On this particular day, since we had gone to see my granny that morning, Braelyn didn't have a nap besides a catnap in the car. So needless to say, dinner was somewhat stressful for her. Braelyn is in a VERY clingy stage right now, and didn't want me to put her down. The only way to quiet her down was by shoveling refried beans into her mouth! She loves them! However, it was great and definitely worth it to spend some time with the Showalters and catch up.
On Sunday we went to church and just had a really relaxing afternoon together. Then Monday morning we went over to my parents' neighborhood for the 4th of July parade.
 |
| First tootsie pop! |
When I was a kid it was SOOOOOOO big and fun. This year was still fun, but the parade was much smaller than I remember. Kids decorate their bikes, there are old cars, fire trucks and a few floats. We got to sit in the bed of the truck and some of the people threw us candy. Braelyn got to try her very first tootsie pop. Pictures to follow. After the parade we cooled off in the pool. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE summer? Then we went home and got ready for Megan to come over. She hasn't seen her niece since Christmas! I think Braelyn has changed slightly since then! Brad made yummy burgers for my parents and Megan, and we had fun watching Braelyn show off for the company.
 |
| Tea party |
No comments:
Post a Comment