Well, we had our very first trip to Vegas! Brad's company was celebrating 20 years, so they paid for all employees and spouses to go to Vegas for 4 days!
 |
| View from our room |
It was awesome....and aside from missing Brae, we both had a BLAST! We left Thursday morning, and had an almost 3 hour plane ride. The great thing was, when we got to Vegas, we went back 2 hours. So Thursday was literally the longest day of my life, but in a great way. We checked in at the Aria, and the rooms were amazing! We had an awesome city view. Then, we went with Katie and Brent and some other coworkers of Brad to lunch at Wolfgang Pucks Pizzeria. It was yummy, even if it was $20 for a personal pizza. After that, the employees had to go to a meeting for 3 hours. I decided to take a nap and read some on my nook. I knew I was not going to get to go to bed at my usual 9:00, so I needed to rest up! That evening, Ryan (Brad's company) hosted a night of fun at the nightclub in the Aria. It was really a great time. We all just hung out on the patio chatting and having free food and beverages. After that we walked around the whole city...Katie and I in heels...okay so not the whole city, but let's just say a week later, my feet are STILL swollen from that night! We took pictures with Elvis, saw the Bellagio fountain show, and gambled just a little.
 |
| Fountains at Bellagio |
 |
| Us with Katie and Brent at HAZE nightclub |

Friday morning, Brad had a meeting from 8-12:30. So, after breakfast I went to the pool. I felt that I really needed some color on my very white body. Well, maybe the sun and I aren't great friends anymore, because all that resulted was a heat rash. No tan. Not even a burn. What a rip off! But it was very relaxing! For lunch we all went to The Buffet..which is just what it sounds like. It was pretty good! Lots to choose from. Then Katie and I went shopping at Miracle Mall while the boys did some gambling. That evening we went to see Cirque De Soleil "O." It was AMAZING! We were so impressed! It was extremely entertaining, even if there wasn't a true story line to follow. We then went with some people to eat at Eva Longoria's restaurant...it was a steakhouse but I can't remember the name. The food was good, but we ate so LATE! I'm not used to eating that late, so it was difficult for me.
 |
| Posing with the Elvis twins |
Saturday, Brad had another morning meeting. This time I went back to our room to sleep after breakfast. Then I went down to the casino. This is where I became SLIGHTLY addicted to the Sex and the City slot machine. Okay, so I use the term slight because most people who say they are addicted to gambling blow thousands of dollars and don't care. I had a set amount of money. And I won a lot. And I blew it ALL on the same machine. And I kept thinking I would win again. But I didn't. However, after my "set" amount of casino money was gone, I was done. I still do miss the sounds of the machine giving me bonuses and winning though...
 |
| Brad and I at "O" |
After Brad's meeting we went to a pub for lunch, then to Cesar's Palace for some shopping. We went to the Max Brenner's chocolate shop, which was sooooo good! We returned to Aria, and back to the Sex and the City Slot, where smart Katie won and stopped. Then we had to get ready for the awards dinner. Ryan held the dinner, and the food was fantastic! Yummy sea bass and filet mignon, and the best dessert EVER! I don't even know how to describe it really, but chocolate yumminess! And Brad's team got an award for their benchmark performance as an emerging team (I think that's what it was...)
Sunday morning we had an early flight, and when we got to Houston, we lost our car. Long story short, parking garage E at IAH is nowhere near any baggage claim.
 |
| Max Brenner's Chocolates! |
 |
| After the show |
The company treated us VERY well on our trip, and now I really want to go back! Braelyn was sooooo happy to see her daddy when we got back, but I think she was kind of mad at me. She finally came around, but she isn't used to me ever leaving her, whereas Brad sometimes goes a few days without seeing her becuase of his schedule. She is over it now, and I know she had an amazing time with her GranB!
what a fun trip! I've actually played that Sex in the City machine before. It's loud & so interactive. I won pretty quick on it!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great trip!
ReplyDeleteI'm behind on your blogs-they are great--
ReplyDeletecute clothes! Good food ! Good Award for
Brad's team
Loved seeing you last Sat. Braelyn is a
beautiful child & very entertaining.
Love
Memaw & Boompa