Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 20, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRAELYN!



Today Braelyn officially turned 1! We already had her party, so in a way it seems like she reached this milestone this past weekend. But this morning I received my weekly email from BabyCenter. Typically is is titled "Your Baby this week." Today it said "Your Toddler this week." WOW! That was the real wake up call for me. No more baby? Really? Just like that? It is exciting, but at the same time so sad, because I feel like it all went way to fast. I remember complaining about her colicky days, but now looking back I really can't remember them that well. (Maybe I just pushed that part out of my memory ;) My best friend is due to have her baby any day now, and I honestly am finding it hard to remember what it was like to hold a little newborn! Will it ever slow down, or will I always look back after every year and say "WOW?" I feel like tomorrow she will be in college and next weekend she will be married! I know I know, maybe not QUITE that fast, but really. I guess I need be the one who tries to slow my pace down day to day so I can try to cherish every moment.
Brad has been working VERY long hours this week, and I was concerned he would not get to see Braelyn on her birthday. Luckily he was able to leave a little later this morning so we could open her presents from Mommy and Daddy, and Daddy could read a story. Then Braelyn had a very detailed conversation with her dad on the phone right before bed. She loves to talk to Dada on the phone because his picture shows up, so she knows just who she is talking to.She was all "Dadadaada, HI!!!!!!!!! Byebye dadadada" and laughing every time he said something to her. So funny what a little person she has become, participating in conversations now! We are both SOOOO thankful for our amazing blessing that God gave us a year ago today!

1 comment: