Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy 2011!

2010 came and went in a whirlwind it seems! So much happened. It was obviously a fantastic year filled with the blessing of our baby girl and watching her day by day grow more and more into a toddler (as she will be called by the end of the month...SCARY!) It was the year my sister Kim married Brett, who is such a great blessing to Kim and our whole family. It was also a trying year for my family, as we dealt with the loss of my dad's mom, my mom's step-dad, and had to place my grandmother in complete assisted living. Brad also spent most of November sick and in the hospital, and is just now really beginning to recover. I find myself worried all the time that his disease will suddenly rear it's ugly head. Any time he has a headache or maybe ate something wrong, I worry- is it another flare? As he weans down on the steroids, I am happy because steroids really are not good for him, but at the same time, I wonder if it will put him back where he was in November once he is completely steroid free. I worry because he is beginning a new medication and the side effects are terrifying. I know I should not worry- leave it all up to God. I need to be better about turning my worries into prayers, because the worry does no one any good.
Needless to say, I am ready for a new year. My baby girl turns one year this month! I can't believe it. She seems to have changed SO much just in the past 2 weeks while I have been home with her. She is so close to walking on her own. She stands by herself, but any time we try to get her to take a step on her own she just cries and reaches out for our hands. It's okay, I don't mind her still being a little babyish ;) Brad has been off with us this past week, which has really been another blessing. I love when we all get to spend time together, and to watch him interact with Braelyn daily is so much fun. Some days during a busy week at work he will go days without seeing her because he will leave before she wakes and come home after she is in bed, so I know it has meant a lot to him also to be able to spend quality time with his daughter. Here are some things Braelyn is saying:
hi
bye bye
dada and daddy
mama and mom
more (sometimes,  but it comes out more like "mo")
Ranger ("agerrrr")
The promised photo of Ranger pulling Braelyn on the trike!

It is back to the grind for me on Wednesday. I will definitely miss being off and spending so much time with Brad and Braelyn. I am excited to get back into the routine and schedule of things again though. I am aiming to be more positive in 2011 and turn my worries into prayers. And get back on the "Energy Bus" in order to feel Blessed, NOT stressed!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful Christmas picture.
    Also, the Ranger shot! You have had a very
    eventful year-we know the power of prayer & hope
    you know you are always in ours.
    Can't believe Braelyn is nearly ONE Wish we could
    be with you--hear she is now walking-the fun
    begins.
    Love you
    Boompa & Memaw

    ReplyDelete