Okay, so really my summer break has been here for a month. I am really enjoying my time off with Braelyn, and getting to spend quality time with her these last few weeks before little sister arrives. We have been busy, but a relaxed busy. That is the best kind I think. We have had several playdates, library days, gymnastics, and LOTS of swimming.
Braelyn is now beginning to not like to share her things at all, which makes playdates a little frustrating. She is under the impression that if her friends are playing with her things, they are never going to give them back, or they will take them away forever. And then she throws tantrums over it. I realize it is the age, but it makes me nervous since we have only weeks left until she will be forced to share virtually everything with Anna Kate. It is a learning process for all involved, and takes lots of patience and prayer.
Brae is such a joy to be spending time with when she isn't throwing her tantrums! Her little personality is coming out more and more and she is just so funny! She has really bonded with me again, just like last summer. It makes me sad to know how close she is with me when I am off, but how that changes when I have to go back to work. She still loves me in the school year, but she isn't as attached as she gets to me in the summers because she has her Nana. (Who of course we are SOOO blessed with!) Needless to say I am trying to cherish this time of her mommy love!
Last weekend we got to go to Teague to visit Brad's Memaw and Boompa. Aunt Megan and GranB were also there so it was nice to get to see everyone. We hadn't seen Memaw and Boompa since Thanksgiving! It was so great to be able to go and for Braelyn to spend some quality time with them. She had an absolute BLAST! Her favorite part of the trip was definitely playing the piano with Memaw. She said she was "playing a tune with Memaw." They would play songs and sing, and Braelyn would have been content doing that the entire trip I think. She was also very tickled with their dog Zeke. He just cracked her up! And Megan made some beautiful letters for Anna Kate's nursery that she gave me while we were there. I can't wait to hang them up. She is so talented!
On another note, only 4 more weeks until my scheduled c-section! I am beginning to swell pretty bad, and it sure is hot outside! So as much as I feel unprepared for a newborn again, I am beginning to be ready. My sweet friends threw me a surprise "sprinkle" the other evening. I hadn't heard of that before, but it is like a mini-shower. I certainly did not expect that since I just had a baby girl a little over 2 years ago! But it was so sweet and thoughtful of them to "sprinkle" us with love and for Anna Kate to get some of her own clothes and things.
This is likely my last post before Anna Kate arrives, since I am not that great at keeping my blog updated! So I will leave you with some recent pictures.
 |
| Fun with Maddy riding on Clifford at the library |
 |
| Coloring with GranB |
 |
| Say cheese with Boompa! |
 |
| Learning a new tune with Memaw |
 |
| At the train with Daddy in Teague |
 |
| Makes me laugh ;) |
 |
| Trying to catch butterflies |
No comments:
Post a Comment