Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

So much has happened!

How embarrassing that I haven't blogged since Halloween! I have missed every major holiday, including Braelyn's 2nd birthday. Obviously blogging isn't working out for me as well as I had hoped. Life just seems to fly by so fast, I rarely have time to sit and type it all. But I know one day I will want to go back and read about this stage of our lives, so I really should get better. I am under the new (somewhat bitter) impression that blogs and sites such as pinterest are for stay at home moms. And that is something I am definitely not, so I better suck it up and get better at blogging.

Most everyone who reads this knows that we will be having a LITTLE GIRL in the end of July! We are thrilled to find out that Braelyn will have a sister- Anna Kate! The pregnancy overall has been much easier than it was with Braelyn. In fact, I was so sure it was a boy because I haven't been sick at all. With Braelyn I was EXTREMELY sick. We have had some other issues with this pregnancy though. First, since my "possible lupus" symptoms and blood work that was done before my pregnancy showed a possible clotting problem, I have to give myself a shot of blood thinners in my abdomen every day. That is really not fun. And because of this, my OB says I am "high risk," and tends to be more cautious about things. So far (aside from her insisting I give myself shots) she has already had me go to a Maternal Fetal Specialist and have a level II Ultrasound because she thought she heard and arrhythmia in baby's heart. Luckily, ultrasound showed a very healthy little girl. They said the sound my OB heard could have been hiccups. REALLY? Super thankful,  but it was a really stressful week of worry. Which is another thing. Pregnancy is a HUGE worry factor for me. I worried about EVERYTHING with Braelyn, and am trying to be better and turn my worries into prayers this time. But then my Dr. gives me reasons to worry, only to find out it was nothing. I know in my heart that I need to have faith and trust God is in control. And I do. But it is still so hard.

Braelyn has been giving my belly kisses and saying "Anna Cake." It is too cute! I think she will be a wonderful big sister, although I'm sure she will have a little hard time adjusting at first. She is growing up so fast, it's amazing. Her new thing is to call a group of people "yall." She keeps saying "Alrighty yall, come on yall, let's go yall." It's too funny! She also sings EVERYTHING. Not just real songs, but invented ones too. She sings about "moooooommmmmmmmyyyy cooooooks pizzzzaaaaaaaaaaaa" and "riiiiiiidddddeeee innnnnnnn the carrrrrrrr"..........everything these days is a song. Usually to a tune of something she already knows. So cute. Ok, close to bed time for me. I leave you with a pic of Anna Kate. She was rubbing her eyes. Until next time....which I hope to be sooner than this time was ;)

I think she already has some facial features of Braelyn!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad your mother-in-law said you had blogged. Anna Kate is such good news. Glad you
    are feeling well. I wish I could hear Braelyn
    say Anna Cake!
    You & yours are always in our prayers.
    Have a good anniversary trip! We love Frb
    Eat a Rueben for us!
    Love
    Memaw

    ReplyDelete