The First Day
Well she started getting very very fussy at the house and actually laid down on the bathroom mat while I was getting ready. She almost fell asleep. It was not looking good for her first day of school. Once I finished getting ready I picked her up and she looked very flush like she had a fever. I checked it and nothing. So we started gathering up all of her things, she wouldn’t help and refused to walk, just wanted to be held. I finally put her down for her photo shoot at the house and was able to take a few blurry pictures of her holding her back pack…..didn’t last long. We loaded everything in the truck and began our journey. She was wearing her I am not happy about this I just want to go back to bed face. We got to our turn at Kluge when a thunderous cry from the backseat broke out, “BBUUUUUUSSSSSS!” From then on she proceeded to point out every bus on more than one occasion, this was for all 10 busses we saw on our journey.
We pull up to the school way too early, 8:30. So I decided to grab some breakfast at the McDs right there. Well the minute we pull into the drive through I hear, “Ffwwiesss, ffffwiiiiies?” After explanations that there were no fries she had a sip of my OJ and we were back in the parking lot. The minute the truck is turned off there are cries of “OUT, OUT, OUT!” from the backseat. I jump in the backseat to get her and she had turned her frown upside down. I gathered everything and gave her, her backpack to see if she would carry it. She carried it on her elbow like a purse all the way up to the sidewalk when she saw, “wwwaaTER!” After stopping to look at the fountain for some time we began to make our way in, still under her own foot power. We get to her classroom door and paused to sign her in. Then….she walked into her classroom by herself! Well jolly ole dad left her snack drink in the truck so we dropped off everything with her teachers, and we went together back out to the truck not because she wasn’t ready for me to go, but because I didn’t want to leave her yet. Got the juice from the truck and on the way back in of course we had to stop and look at the “wwwaaTER” again.
Back in the classroom again she walks right in. I fumbled around for the camera finally got it, and began to take a picture, and I think that is when it hit her that I was leaving. She was a big girl and didn’t cry but she put on her sad face for me. The teacher picked her up long enough to get a good picture, and then I slowly took off. All and all it was a success and I am sure she is going to have a great time today. Pretty sure it hit daddy harder than her though. Anywho I hope this is detailed enough. I love you and hope you are having a great day.
This afternoon when I picked her up from my mom's, I was surprised to learn that Braelyn actually napped on her NAP MAT on the very first day!!! This is a huge accomplishment, since she has never napped on one before, and we were unable to practice since the mat was late in getting to us. The teachers said she had an awesome first day. She was in SUCH a good mood when I got home. She almost fell asleep during her dinner time, so we had to put her to bed just a little earlier tonight. I am so relieved that her day went so very well. It wasn't so long ago that we couldn't even leave her in church for just an hour without her screaming the whole time. Luckily it seams she has grown out of that, and is able to enjoy playing and learning with her peers. I am excited to see what this new adventure of Mother's Day Out will bring this year! Brad isn't home from work, and he has the camera. Once he gets here I will upload pics of her first day...hopefully he was able to catch some decent ones!

HI Jen, Brad & Braelyn!
ReplyDeleteSo happy to hear about Brayelyn's first day of "school"! I can well remember those first days that are a little rough on mom & dad. I know you are relieved that it went so well. Brad's description of the morning was super! - I bet you put that in her baby book for her :) Braelyn is a very loved little girl with such wonderful parents! Hope she continues to enjoy her school through the year.
Love and hugs
Aunt Niecee
We read Brad's school story several times-so clever - we could almost hear Braelyn,s
ReplyDelete"bus-s-ss-s"! We know you were glad to get
such a wonderful report.He is a good storyteller.
There is another in the family--Uncle Blair.
Braelyn is such a precious great-grandaughter
Love,
Boompa & Memaw