Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 20, 2010

It's the MOST WONDERFUL season of all!!!

I am so happy to have 2 weeks to spend with my friends, family and sweet little Braelyn! It is a much needed break after quite a stressful month of November. Kim and Brett are back in town which is always great. Braelyn is quite obsessed with her Uncle Brett. My good friend Corie is also in town from Lubbock. Sarah and I, along with Corie's sisters, threw Corie a baby shower on Sunday. It was very chic baby- hot pink and zebra themed. SO cute! I cannot believe my 2 best friends are about to have babies and they are both also going to be GIRLS!!! It is really funny when we think about it. Sarah, Corie and I all lived together in Lubbock and thought, dreamed and planned our futures. Little did we know that awhile down the road we would all three have little girls! I can't wait to meet Madelyn in January and Brynlee in March. My other great friend Amy is also having her second baby in March- a girl as well. Braelyn will have lots of friends to have tea parties with! And then there is cutey cute Jack- Katie's little one. He is the only boy for now, but he sure will have his pick of girls!

This past Saturday was Christmas with my mom's side of the family. It was a really great time so see everyone. I am sad now that I did not think to get any pictures with the whole family. My grandma, who suffers from Alzheimer's, was unable to attend. However my Aunt Ranet took the time and energy to gather special gifts from my grandma's house to give to each of us. It was so neat. She put together a huge bag for each couple filled with things that were meaningful to us at Granny's at one point or another. I got some little mini champagne glasses that I used to LOVE as a kid to drink pineapple juice out of! My bag also contained some of my Granny's costume jewelry, some Barbies, an apron made by my great grandmother, as well as some pillow cases also embroidered by my great grandma. There were more meaningful items in there too. It was really very special and so nice of Aunt Ranet to do.

Tomorrow I think I will brave the mall to take Braelyn for a visit with Santa. Hopefully she cooperates, and the lines aren't too bad. I will be updating my blog after Braelyn's first Christmas I'm sure. But for now, I wish you all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comment:

  1. How fortunate you are to have such a thoughtful
    Aunt-Keepsakes are so meaningful--things you
    can tell Braelyn about. What a fun time you two
    will have at Christmas with Braelyn-wish wecould
    see!!
    Merry Christmas!
    Love
    Boompa & Memaw

    ReplyDelete