Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Where did October go?

I love it when the weeks go by really fast so I can come home and spend the weekends with Brad and Braelyn. But now the weekends are flying by too! It feels like this school year just began, but it is already about to be November! I can't believe the holidays are approaching, and soon after Braelyn will be 1 year!!! A few new things she is doing:
1. She now stands in her crib when I go get her in the morning
2. Finally holds her bottle
3. I can clip a bow into her HAIR, not just on a headband (although Nana and Daddy both think it doesn't look good yet)
Bow in her HAIR!
4. She gives her favorite toys kisses

At her nine month appointment, which we had to wait at for an HOUR before seeing the Dr., Braelyn weighed 21 lbs. I think she has thinned out some since crawling everywhere. She got her flu shot, and man I have NEVER heard a cry so pitiful and LOUD! The receptionists couldn't even hear me as I was trying to schedule her next appointment. Nana will be the lucky one to take her in December for her flu booster shot!:)



 

This afternoon we dressed Braelyn up as a pretty little kitty and took her to the pumpkin patch for some Halloween pictures. She didn't love it (no big surprises). But that's ok, maybe next year she will actually smile. Once we were home she was excited about her kitty costume, and kept laughing at herself in the mirror.

On another note, on Friday our wonderful PTO at work made some treats for the teachers, and I re-discovered my favorite childhood dessert...dirt dessert!!! I have made some already and can't wait to eat it tonight! Yummy Halloween treat!

2 comments:

  1. Loved the Halloween picts-such a cute little
    kitten -what fun for you two!
    You are very brave to do the "chick " thing,
    but so good for the kids! Hope to see the
    kitty & parents at Thanksgiving. Hope this goes through
    Love,
    Memaw

    ReplyDelete