Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 19, 2010

GranB's visit


Brad and I got to go to a Love and Respect Conference this weekend. We both really learned a lot about our differences, and especially in times of conflict, how to remember we are not the same. We learned that men NEED respect, whether they are deserving of it or not, and in return will be more willing and able to provide unconditional love, which is a woman's need. It creates a cycle that will improve the marriage, as my respect towards him results in his love towards me and vice versa. (Eph. 5:33)
While we were at this conference, Belinda came for a visit and to take care of Braelyn. It is so nice to have Belinda in the house. She not only takes care of Brae, but of Brad and I too.
This afternoon we got a phone call from mom that she was in the ER last night because of a pinched nerve in her shoulder/neck. She was told not to lift ANYTHING for at least five days. Since she is the caretaker in the day for Braelyn, Brad and I had to come up with somewhere for Braelyn to go. Belinda graciously offered to take Brae to Orange until Friday. That way she can work from home and take care of Brae at the same time. At first I was extremely opposed to the idea, as it meant I would have to be without Braelyn for most of the week! But then I realized it is probably best for her to be with someone familiar and I know Belinda will give her the same level of care I would. Although I will miss her like crazy and probably cry a lot this week, I know she will have a good time visiting everyone in Orange and seeing GranBoo too. These are pictures of Braelyn this weekend (obviously with high hopes for Tech). We will continue to pray for mom's healing and relief from pain.
Eating her mum mum
Ranger watches closely as Brae finishes the mum mum

4 comments:

  1. umm hi, was anyone going to tell ME about mom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm hi, that's why you read the daily happenings in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Kim finds out about her mom being in the hospital by means of blog!!! That's pretty bad! Conference sounds really neat! Jerm & I couldnt be more opposite. I guess that is why our marriage works. Love the pics of Brae & hope your week isnt too hard. Its good for you & Brad to have alone time!

    ReplyDelete